Monthly Archives: August 2012

Croup

Croup is a scary and serious respiratory illness that strikes young children in the Fall and Spring.  It usually starts at the end of summer when the nights start to cool down and again in the Spring as the snows … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Vomiting and Diarrhea

Vomiting and diarrhea illnesses are common in babies and children.  They are almost always caused by one of many viruses.  They will usually resolve without any medications.  If you can keep them drinking and well-hydrated, then complications and other treatments … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

West Nile Virus

West NileVirus This is a summertime illness transmitted through mosquito bites.  It can be avoided by avoiding mosquito bites. About 20 percent of those infected with West Nile Virus (WNV) have symptoms of illness.  The remaining 80 percent don’t show … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment